(as of December 31, 2022, unless otherwise indicated)
- As of January 1, 2023, there are 33 credit unions in Saskatchewan serving 197 communities through 224 service outlets.
- Credit unions offer financial products and services to more than 497,000 members.
- Saskatchewan credit union assets reached $28.6 billion with revenue of more than $1.43 billion.
- Credit union lending amounts were more than $21 billion.
- There are 317 board members who are locally elected by members of each credit union to provide strategic direction to their management teams.
- As independent financial institutions owned and controlled by their members, credit unions are shaped by community needs. Saskatchewan credit unions range in asset size from $40.85 million to more than $7.2 billion.
- In 2022, Saskatchewan credit unions returned over $18.86 million to their members in the form of patronage equity contribution and dividends.
- Credit unions are a major contributor to Saskatchewan’s economy, employing over 3,400 people.
- Funds held on deposit in Saskatchewan credit unions are fully guaranteed through the Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation. The full guarantee is made possible through a comprehensive deposit protection regime that is focused on prevention. Read more about the guarantee.