(as of December 31, 2018, unless otherwise indicated)
- Today there are 40 credit unions in Saskatchewan serving 208 communities through 235 service outlets.
- Credit unions offer financial products and services to more than 481,000 members.
- Saskatchewan credit union assets reached close to $23.8 billion with revenue of over $1.07 billion.
- Credit union lending amounts were close to $19.2 billion.
- Over 380 board members are locally elected by members of each credit union to provide strategic direction to their management teams.
- As independent financial institutions owned and controlled by their members, credit unions are shaped by community needs. Saskatchewan credit unions range in asset size from $19 million to more than $6 billion.
- In 2018, Saskatchewan credit unions returned over $10.3 million to their members in the form of patronage equity contribution and dividends.
- Credit unions are a major contributor to Saskatchewan’s economy, employing over 3,300 people.
- Funds held on deposit in Saskatchewan credit unions are fully guaranteed through the Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation. The full guarantee is made possible through a comprehensive deposit protection regime that is focused on prevention. Read more about the guarantee.