(as of December 31, 2021, unless otherwise indicated)
- Today there are 35 credit unions in Saskatchewan serving 197 communities through 224 service outlets.
- Credit unions offer financial products and services to more than 490,000 members.
- Saskatchewan credit union assets reached over $27.4 billion with revenue of over $1.03 billion.
- Credit union lending amounts were over $20 billion.
- There are 332 board members who are locally elected by members of each credit union to provide strategic direction to their management teams.
- As independent financial institutions owned and controlled by their members, credit unions are shaped by community needs. Saskatchewan credit unions range in asset size from $39.8 million to more than $6.8 billion.
- In 2021, Saskatchewan credit unions returned over $7.7 million to their members in the form of patronage equity contribution and dividends.
- Credit unions are a major contributor to Saskatchewan’s economy, employing over 3,300 people.
- Funds held on deposit in Saskatchewan credit unions are fully guaranteed through the Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation. The full guarantee is made possible through a comprehensive deposit protection regime that is focused on prevention. Read more about the guarantee.