(as of December 31, 2016, unless otherwise indicated)
- Today there are 44 credit unions in Saskatchewan serving 221 communities through 252 service outlets.
- Credit unions offer financial products and services to more than 474,000 members.
- Saskatchewan credit union assets reached over $21.5 billion with revenue of over $910 million.
- Credit union lending amounts to $17.3 billion.
- Almost 420 board members are locally elected by members of each credit union to provide strategic direction to their management teams.
- As independent financial institutions owned and controlled by their members, credit unions are shaped by community needs. Saskatchewan credit unions range in asset size from $18 million to more than $5 billion.
- In 2016, Saskatchewan credit unions returned over $7.6 million to their members in the form of patronage equity contribution and dividends.
- Credit unions are a major contributor to Saskatchewan's economy, employing almost 3,500 people.
- In 2016, Saskatchewan credit unions contributed more than $7.3 million to growing communities. Our fundraising efforts brought in more than $186,000 for causes like the Jim Pattison Children's Hospital Foundation of Saskatchewan, Red Cross Disaster Relief and Telemiracle. Our employees logged more than 27,000 hours of volunteer time for community organizations.
- Funds held on deposit in Saskatchewan credit unions are fully guaranteed through the Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation. The full guarantee is made possible through a comprehensive deposit protection regime that is focused on prevention. Read more about the guarantee.
back to Media Centre