(as of December 31, 2015, unless otherwise indicated)
- Today there are 46 credit unions in Saskatchewan serving 230 communities through 265 service outlets.
- Credit unions offer financial products and services to more than 472,000 members.
- Saskatchewan credit union assets reached $20.8 billion with revenue of over $881 million.
- Credit union lending amounts to $16.6 billion.
- Almost 450 board members are locally elected by members of each credit union to provide strategic direction to their management teams.
- As independent financial institutions owned and controlled by their members, credit unions are shaped by community needs. Saskatchewan credit unions range in asset size from $17 million to more than $5 billion.
- In 2015, Saskatchewan credit unions returned over $7.3 million to their members in the form of patronage equity contribution and dividends.
- Credit unions are a major contributor to Saskatchewan's economy, employing almost 3,500 people.
- In 2015, Saskatchewan credit unions contributed $71,280 to international development projects to help co-operatives and credit unions in other countries.
- In 2015, Saskatchewan credit unions contributed more than $7.8 million to growing communities. Our fundraising efforts brought in over $154,000 for causes like the Children's Hospital Foundation of Saskatchewan, Red Cross Disaster Relief and Telemiracle. Our employees logged close to 26,000 hours of volunteer time for community organizations.
- Funds held on deposit in Saskatchewan credit unions are fully guaranteed through the Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation. The full guarantee is made possible through a comprehensive deposit protection regime that is focused on prevention. Read more about the guarantee.
back to Media Centre