(as of December 31, 2013, unless otherwise indicated)
- Today there are 49 credit unions in Saskatchewan serving 251 communities through 282 service outlets.
- Credit unions offer financial products and services to more than 490,000 members.
- Saskatchewan credit union assets reached $18.2 billion with revenue of over $809 million.
- Credit union lending amounts to $14.6 billion.
- Almost 500 board members are locally elected by members of each credit union to provide strategic direction to their management teams.
- As independent financial institutions owned and controlled by their members, credit unions are shaped by community needs. Saskatchewan credit unions range in asset size from $16 million to more than $4 billion.
- In 2013, Saskatchewan credit unions returned close to $16 million to their members in the form of patronage equity contribution and dividends.
- Credit unions are a major contributor to Saskatchewan's economy, employing almost 3,500 people.
- In 2013, Saskatchewan credit unions contributed $75,362 to international development projects to help co-operatives and credit unions in other countries.
- In 2013, Saskatchewan credit unions contributed more than $6.2 million to growing communities. Our fundraising efforts brought in almost $300,000 for causes like the Children's Hospital Foundation of Saskatchewan, Red Cross Disaster Relief, Terry Fox Run and Telemiracle. Our employees logged nearly 35,000 hours of volunteer time for community organizations.
- Funds held on deposit in Saskatchewan credit unions are fully guaranteed through the Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation. The full guarantee is made possible through a comprehensive deposit protection regime that is focused on prevention. Read more about the guarantee.
back to Media Centre